Discover the Charm of West Sikkim with Okhray Homestay | Okhray Tours
We have enlisted some Okhray homestays in West Sikkim. Here you can find the owner’s name & contact number. So, you can book the homestay as per your choice and budget. You can directly contact the host without any agent/agency hassle.Okhrey, a tiny village in West Sikkim, is mainly the starting point of the Varsey Rhododendron Trekking Route. It is the gateway of Varsey Rhododendron Sanctuary. The place is mesmerizing with its serene and charming elegance. It is a tranquil place for visitors. Amidst the lush green vegetation, Okhrey is a paradise for bird watchers and nature lovers. The inhabitants of Okhrey are mainly Sherpas and Bhutias. Their main livelihood is farming. Among the farming products, Potatoes are the main crops you find here.
How to Reach Okhrey
Nearest Airport: Bagdogra Airport (IXB). Bagdogra is about 134 kilometres by road from Okhrey.Nearest Railway Station: New Jalpaiguri Railway Station (NJP). Okhrey is about 125 kilometres by road from NJP.Okhrey is a bit far from Gangtok (the capital of Sikkim) also – It is about 122 kilometres by road.Darjeeling is nearer to Okhrey – it is about 63 kilometres by road. Sombaria, the nearest town to Okhrey, is about 20 kilometres by road.
What to see in Okhrey / Places to visit near Okhrey
1) Varsey Rhododendron Sanctuary - Rhododendron Sanctuary, a lovely place in Hilley village, is carpeted with many colourful shades of Rhododendrons
2) Ugen Thon Meon Ling Monastery – This monastery is situated at the top of the village. You could experience a magnificent view of the snow-capped mountains and shrouded greenery.
3) Anden Olong Monastery – This monastery is an older one, situated nearer to Okhrey.
4) Jurelidara View Point – This viewpoint will mesmerise you with the view of snow-capped mountains all around.
5) Sai Temple: Sai Temple in Daramdin is about 28 kilometres far from Okhrey. The temple is a religious centre for the Sai devotees and a general centre for all religions.
Where to stay in Okhrey
Being a cloistered place, there is a limited number of homestays available in Okhrey.
We have curated home stays accross North Bengal & Sikkim and you can book home stays directly with the owner without paying any commission.