Showing 1 to 1 out of total 1 properties in Okhrey
We have enlisted some Homestays in Okhrey in West Sikkim. You can find actual owner’s name & contact number here. So, you can book the home stay as per your choice and budget directly with contacting the host & without any middle man.
Okhrey , a tiny village in West Sikkim, is mainly the starting point of Varsey Rhododendron Trekking Route and the gateway of Varsey Rhododendron Sanctuary. The place is still mesmerizing with its serene and charming elegance as most of the tourists generally do not step in here. Being amidst the lush green vegetation, Okhrey is the paradise for bird watchers as well as true nature lovers. Though they are very few in number, the main inhabitants of Okhrey are Sherpa and Bhutias and the main livelihood is farming and Potatoes are mainly produced here.
Nearest Airport : Bagdogra airport (IXB). Bagdogra is about 134 kilometers by road from Okhrey
Nearest Railway Station : New Jalpaiguri Railway Station (NJP). Okhrey is about 125 kilometers by road from NJP.
Okhrey is a bit far from Gangtok (capital of Sikkim) also – It is near about 122 kilometers by road.
Darjeeling is rather nearer to Okhrey – is about 63 kilometers by road. Sombaria, the nearest town from Okhrey, is near about 20 kilometers by road.
1) Varsey Rhododendron Sanctuary - Rhododendron Sanctuary, a lovely place in Hilley village, is carpeted with many colorful shades of Rhododendrons
2) Ugen Thon Meon Ling Monastery – This monastery is situated at the top of the village with magnificent view of the snow capped mountains with greenery all around.
3) Anden Olong Monastery – This monastery is an older one, situated nearer to Okhrey. /p>
4) Jurelidara View Point – This view point will mesmerizes you with the view of snow capped mountains along with all around.
5) Sai Temple : Sai Temple in Daramdin is about 28 kilometers far from Okhrey . The temple is basically a religious center for the Sai devotees and general center for all religious.
For being a lonely place till now, there are very few homestays are available in Okhrey. If you arec looking for any luxury accommodations like hotels or Resorts in Okhrey, you will be disappointed.
We have curated home stays accross North Bengal & Sikkim and you can book home stays directly with the owner without paying any commission.
© Copyright protected by FusionStays.