Showing 1 to 5 out of total 5 properties in Mangan
We have enlisted some Homestays in Mangan in Sikkim. You can find actual owner’s name & contact number here. So, you can book the home stay as per your choice and budget directly with contacting the host & without any middle man.
Mangan is a small town and the district head quarter of Mangan district (North Sikkim) in Sikkim state. People who are looking for a peaceful accommodation and wish to visit North Sikkim, Mangan is one of the best options for them as anyone can get permit to visit North Sikkim from Mangan also like Gangtok. Mangan is about 59 kilometres from Gangtok, the capital city of the Sikkim state.
Nearest Airport : Bagdogra Airport is the nearest airport from Mangan. The distance from Bagdogra to Mangan is about 143 kilometres by road and takes more or less 6 hours to reach.
Actually Pakyong Airport is the near most from Mangan, but it is not accessible from all the cities.
Nearest Railway Station : NJP or New Jalpaiguri Railway Station is the near most railway station from Mangan. From NJP to Mangan it is about 140 kilometres by driving and takes more or less 6 hours to reach.
1) Lachen : Lachen is the staying point for visiting Gurudongmar lake, Chopta Valley and Kala Patthar of North Sikkim. This place is about 57 kilometres from Mangan and takes more or less 2 and half hours to reach.
2) Gurudongmar Lake : Gurudongmar is a holy and sacred lake, which is becoming well-liked day by day among tourists. From Mangan to Gurudongmar lake it is about 123 kilometres but you need to stay minimum one night in Mangan to get permit for going further and have to stay in Lachen one night more. Next day early morning you have to proceed for Gurudongmar Lake.
3) Chopta Valley : Chopta Valley is a picturesque valley, surrounded by snow capped peaks, on the way to Kala Patthar and you have to stay in Lachen one night if you are keen to visit this place from Mangan.
4) Kala Patthar : Kalapatthar is an ideal place for snow lovers and if road is clear and get permits from army you must visit this place. It must be a memorable time in your life. You need to start early morning (4 am to 5 am) from Lachen to visit this place and have to return back by afternoon because of bad weather condition.
5) Lachung : Lachung is the staying point to visit Yumthang, Zero Point and Katao. Lachung is about 52 kilometers from Mangan and takes more or less 2 hours to reach by driving.
6) Yumthang Valley : This is known as the Sikkim Valley of Flowers. It is famous for a large number of Rhododendron which bloom from End of February to Mid June and that is why this is the ideal time to visit North Sikkim as well as Yumthang Valley.
7) Zero Point : This place is the paradise for snow lovers and to get snow you need to visit there from March to Mid June.
8) Kalapatthar : Kala Patthar is an another ideal place for snow lovers.
Being a remote and less known place there are a few homesays in Mangan available to stay. No resorts and hotels are available in Mangan to stay.
We have curated home stays accross North Bengal & Sikkim and you can book home stays directly with the owner without paying any commission.
© Copyright protected by FusionStays.