We have enlisted some homestays in Kalimpong, West Bengal. You will get all the authentic information and photos here. So, you can book the home stay as per your choice and budget directly with a hassle free process.
Kalimpong is a hill town and municipality in northern side of West Bengal, India. The city is famous for heritage schools, churches, and monasteries. For travelers or tourists, the main attraction of the city is its pleasant weather and magnificent view of mighty Himalaya. Kalimpong is adjacent to the state of Sikkim and nearer to River Teesta. You will find one of the best orchid nursery here to fulfill your wish for some snaps with orchids. For being nearer to Sikkim, you have to come across Kalimpong while go for Old Silk Route and many other places of Sikkim and north Bengal.
Previously, Kalimpong was a city of the Sikkim Kingdom. Then it was taken over by Bhutanese. In the nineteenth century, Kalimpong was captured by British Raj and now the city belongs to the state West Bengal, India.
Nearest Airport : Bagdogra Airport (IXB). It is about 76 kilometers from Kalimpong by road Nearest Railway Station : New Jalpaiguri Station (NJP). This railway station is about 72 kilometers from Kalimpong. Darjeeling city is about 50 kilometers from Kalimpong by road
1. Deolo Hill - Deolo Hill is the highest point of Kalimpong City with lovely view of the city and Mt. Khanchendzonga range. The beauty of the place will definitely mesmerizes you on a clear day. One more popular thing is paragliding in Kalimpong. You can do this adventurous activity in Deolo. Some agents are there who can fulfill your dream of Paragliding.
2. Durpindara - Though it is a bit far from Kalimpong main town, Durpindara hill is attractive tourist destination for the view of snow peaked mountains and Zang Dhok Palri Monastery, which was visited by His Holiness Dalai Lama.
3. Morgan House - Morgan House Kalimpong is a British colonial mansion by Mr. George Morgan, an English jute baron in the year 1930. The manson is now uses as hotel for tourists and manages by West Bengal Tourism Development Corporation.
4. Cactus and Orchid Nursery - Cactus and Orchid Nursery is famous in Kalimpong for visitors for the different species.
5. Mangal Dham - Mangal Dham is a beautiful temple, dedicated to lord Krishna, in Kalimpong town. The way to the dham is very narrow and not so clean but the internal environment of it is completely different - completely neat and clean and peaceful environment within the big premises. And many more places are there to visit
You can find many hotels in Kalimpong to stay from Standard to 4 star. But if you want to experience a true homely atmosphere you have to stay at any one home stays in Kalimpong
We have curated home stays accross North Bengal & Sikkim and you can book home stays directly with the owner without paying any commission.
© Copyright protected by FusionStays.