Showing 1 to 9 out of total 9 properties in Lachen
We have enlisted some Homestays and resorts in Lachen, Sikkim. Here you can find the owner’s name & contact number. You can book the homestay as per your choice and budget. Connect with the owner without any agent/agency hassle.
Lachen is one of the most popular tourist destinations located in the Mangan (Popularly known as North Sikkim) district of Sikkim. This small hamlet is now gaining popularity for its unique location. Visit the two most attractive places of North Sikkim – i) Gurudongmar Lake and ii) Chopta Valley. Lachen is about 115 kilometres from Gangtok, the capital city of Sikkim. People who are looking for a North Sikkim trip including Gurudongmar Lake and Chopta Valley must stay at least one night in Lachen after getting permits from Gangtok. Apart from these tourist spots, Lachen is also popular among trekkers since it is the base camp of some dazzling trekking routes.
Nearest Airport: Bagdogra Airport is the nearest airport to go to Lachen. After reaching Bagdogra you must get your permit from Gangtok to go to Lachen. The distance from Bagdogra to Gangtok is about 123 kilometres and From Gangtok to Lachen, it is another 114 kilometres.
Pakyong Airport is the nearest airport to Lachen Lachen or Gangtok, but it is not accessible from all the cities.
Nearest Bus Stand: Tenzing Norgey Bus stand is the nearest bus stand. It connects with all neighbouring cities and states. The total distance from Tenzing Norgay Bus Stand to Borong is 187.9 km.
Nearest Railway Station: NJP or New Jalpaiguri Railway Station is near most railway stations from Lachen as well as Gangtok. From NJP to Gangtok it is about 118 kilometres and From Gangtok to Lachen, it is a further 114 kilometres.
1) Gurudongmar Lake: Gurudongmar Lake is one of the highest lakes and is considered a holy and sacred lake among Buddhists. This lake is located at an elevation of 17,800 ft and very nearer to the Indo-China border. This lake is named after Guru Padmasamvaba. If anyone wishes to visit Gurudongmar Lake needs to take permission from Sikkim Govt along with a proper ID card and Photographs. There is no age bar to go to Gurudongmar Lake but visitors should be physically fit since there is some oxygen insufficiency due to its height. So you should be very careful about your health condition. The distance between Lachen and Gurudongmar lake is about 66 kilometres and takes more or less 2 and half hours to reach. The journey usually starts in the early morning (about 4 am) from Lachen to Gurudongmar lake and should come back to Lachen by the afternoon at any cost. The weather condition becomes worse by the afternoon.
2) Chopta Valey: Chopta Valley is a picturesque valley lays between the Kalapatthar and Lachen. It is necessary to start early (5 am) from Lachen to Chopta Valley via Thangu (Breakfast point). Chopta Valley is about 26 kilometres from Lachen where as Kalapatthar is about 30 kilometres. After visiting Chopta Valley, you must have to return to Lachen before the afternoon for your safety.
3) Kalapatthar: The journey from Lachen to Kala Patthar is a memorable journey for all. Though the road condition is not good there, it has the scenic beauty of that snow-patched place is mind-blowing. Kala Patthar is about 30 kilometres from Lachen, and you have to arrange special permission from the army offices to get there.
4) Lachen Monastery: Lachen Monastery or Ngodrub Choling Gompa is a Nyingma Buddhist monastery located very nearer to Lachen.
5) Lachung: Lachung is the twin village of Lachen and a must-visit place while visiting North Sikkim. The distance between these 2 places is about 47 kilometres and takes more or less one and half hours. A lot of interesting spots are there you can visit from Lachung.
Being a very remote place and popular among tourists there are a few numbers of homestays, resorts and hotels in Lachen to accommodate guests. So, prior booking is suggested to go there to make your trip smooth and hassle-free.
We have curated home stays accross North Bengal & Sikkim and you can book home stays directly with the owner without paying any commission.
© Copyright protected by FusionStays.