Showing 1 to 9 out of total 9 properties in Lachen
We have enlisted some Homestays and resorts in Lachen in Sikkim. You can find actual owner’s name & contact number here. So, you can book the home stay as per your choice and budget directly with contacting the host & without any middle man.
Lachen is one of the most popular tourist destination located in the Mangan (Popularly known as North Sikkim) district of Sikkim. This small hamlet is now being increased popularity for its unique location to visit the two most attractive places of North Sikkim – i) Gurudongmar Lake and ii) Chopta Valley. Lachen is about 115 kilometers from Gangtok, the capital city of Sikkim. People who are looking for a North Sikkim trip including Gurudongmar Lake and Chopta Valley must have to stay minimum one night in Lachen after getting permits from Gangtok. Apart from these tourist spots Lachen is also popular among trekkers since it is the base camp of some dazzling trekking routes.
Nearest Airport : Bagdogra Airport is the nearest airport to go Lachen, but anyone can’t go to Lachen directly to Lachen from Bagdogra since they need to get permit from Gangtok to go North Sikkim. The distance from Bagdogra to Gangtok is about 123 kilometers and From Gangtok to Lachen it is another 114 kilometers.
Actually Pakyong Airport is the near most from Lachen or Gangtok, but it is not accessible from all the cities.
Nearest Railwa Station : NJP or New Jalpaiguri Railway Station is the near most railway station from Lachen as well as Gangtok. From NJP to Gangtok it is about 118 kilometers and From Gangtok to Lachen it is further 114 kilometers.
1) Gurudongmar Lake : Gurudongmar Lake is one of the highest lake and considered as holy and sacred lake among Buddhist People. This lake is located at an elevation of 17,800 ft and very nearer to Indo-China border. This lake is name after Guru Padmasamvaba. If anyone wish to visit Gurudongmar Lake need to take permission from Sikkim Govt along with proper id card and Photographs. There is no age bar to go Gurudongmar Lake but visitors should be physically fit since there is some oxygen insufficiency due to its height. So anyone must be very careful about their health condition. The distance between Lachen and Gurudongmar lake is about 66 kilometers and takes more or less 2 and half hours to reach. The journey usually starts at very early morning (about 4 am) from Lachen to Gurudongmar lake and should come back to Lachen by afternoon at any cost. The weather condition becomes worse there after afternoon.
2) Chopta Valey : Chopta Valley is an extremely picturesque valley towards the Kalapatthar from Lachen. It is necessary to start early (5 am) from Lachen to Chopta Valley via Thangu (Breakfast point). Chopta Valley is about 26 kilometers from Lachen where as Kala Patthar is about 30 kilometers. Ater visiting Chopta Valley, you must have to return back to Lachen before afternoon for your own safety.
3) Kalapatthar : The journey from Lachen to Kala Patthar is a memorable journey for all. Though the road condition is not good there but the scenic beauty of that place is mind blowing. Kala Patthar is about 30 kilometers from Lachen and you need to arrange special permission from the army office to get there.
4) Lachen Monastery : Lachen Monastery or Ngodrub Choling Gompa is a Nyingma Buddhist monastery located very nearer to Lachen.
5) Lachung : Lachung is the twin village of Lachen and a must visit place white visiting North Sikkim. The distance between these 2 places is about 47 kilometers and takes more or less one and half hours. A lot of interesting spots are there you can visit from lachung.
Being very remote place and popular among tourists there are few numbers of homestays, resorts and hotels in Lachen to accommodate guests, but the numbers of accommodations are not so much. So prior booking is suggested to go there to make your trip smooth and hassle free.
We have curated home stays accross North Bengal & Sikkim and you can book home stays directly with the owner without paying any commission.
© Copyright protected by FusionStays.