Showing 1 to 2 out of total 2 properties in Joypur Forest
Joypur jungle is situated in Bishnupur of Bankura district in the state of West Bengal. Temple town Bishnupur is a paradise for art and nature lovers with a bountiful forest of Sal, Mahul, Piyal, Wild...
Bonphool tree house is a beautiful tree house in Joypur forest of Bakura District.They have different category rooms including Tree house ,Cottages,tent house with ac and western toilets. Its run by M...
Showing 1 to 2 out of total 2 properties in Joypur Forest
We have curated best home stays in North Bengal, Sikkim, South Bengal and more for a niche of nature lover people who are looking for some peaceful weekend at the lap of nature.
We have enlisted some Hotels and Resorts in Joypur Forest of Bankura district in West Bengal. You can find actual owner’s name & contact number here. So, you can book the hotel or resort as per your choice and budget directly with contacting the host & without any middle man.
View Hotels and Resorts in Joypur Forest
Joypur or Jaypur forest is a lesser known tourist destination located in Bankura district of West Bengal. It is a good weekend destination from Kolkata. A four-hour drive north-west from Kolkata leads to a lush green dense forest teeming with sal, palash, mahua, neem trees etc. It is a paradise for botanists, nature lovers as well as bird watchers. Some wild animals also can be seen by lucky ones. Deers are roaming here and there. Elephants also sometime come onto the roads. The beauty and the tranquility of the forest would take you to a land of wilderness. A res snaking road amidst the dense forest will offer a different feeling of beauty.
By Rail or Train : Bishpur is the nearest railway station to Joypur Forest Bankura. It is about 7 kms From Bishnupur railway station to Joypur forest. You can avail Rupashi Bangla Express from Howrah, Howrah Purulia SF express from Howrah, Aranyak express from Shalimar etc. to reach Bishpur. Local vehicles are available to reach Joypur Forest from Bishnupur rail way station.
By Road : From Kolkata you can reach Jaypur via Dankuni, Mosat, Champadanga,Arambag, Kotulpur and Rajgram. This is about 4 hours journey and the distance is near about 130 kms depending upon from which place of Kolkata you will start for.
By Air : Kolkata airport or Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose airport is the nearest airport to Joypur forest. The distance between these two places is about 135 kilometers by road. You can reach Joypur forest from here directly by cab by pre booking method or can get train from Howrah station up to Bishnupur Railway Station.
1) Bishpur : Bishnupur, popularly known as the city of temple, is very near to the Joypur forest. Some well known temples are there which are worth visit. Rasmancha, Jor Bangla Temple, Madan Mohan Temple are some of them. The significance of these temples are the architecture over there. Example – The Madon Mohan temple is decorated with the scenes from the Hindu legends including the great epic ‘Mahabharata’, Rasmancha is a pyramid-shaped temple etc. The distance is about 20 kms from Joypur forest to Bishnupur town.
2) Gokulchand Temple : Gokulchand temple is the largest laterite temple across the state West Bengal. This temple is located in the Gokulnagar village nearer to Joypur forest.
3) Padampur : Padampur is a very lesser known place whose original name was Padyamnapur. It was the birth place of Malla dynasty, ruler of the Bishnupur, erstwhile Mallabhum. A lot of full laterite temples were built over there like Gokulchand temple and Shyamchand which were followed by many small temples by local land lords. Some relics of Pal-Sen period also can be found.
4) Gangani : Gangani, the Grand Canyon of Bengal, is easily accessible from Joypur forest as the distance between these 2 places is about 46 kms. It is about 70 feet deep natural canyon created by erosion of river Silabati. The place shows its beauty the most at the time of sun set. So if you are making a plan to visit Gangani, don’t forget to keep the sunset timing in your mind; You must will fall in love with the place.
5) Kamarpukur & Jayrambati : Kamarpukur is a pilgrimage located in Goghat in the Arambag sub division of the Hooghly district in West Bengal. The significance of this place is it is the birth place of Thakur Shri Shri Ramkrishna Paramhansa Dev, an Indian Hindu religious leader of 19th century. Jayrambati is the birth place of Mata Sarada devi, wife of Shri Shri Ramkrishna Dev. Swami Vivekananda, the great Hindu monk, philosopher and author, was the disciple of Ramkrishna dev.
A few number of hotels and resorts are available in Jaypur forest and nearby places to accommodate guests. Homestays are not available in Joypur forest.
The Best time to visit Joypur Forest is October to March. It can be visited in July-August also if anyone loves monsoon to visit.
From Kolkata to Joypur Forest it is about 175 kilometers by road
By Train : Bishnupur is the nearest railway station to Joypur Forest.
Few Express trains are available there to connect Bishnupur with Howrah Railway Station of Kolkata such as Rupasi Bangla Express, Howrah Purulia SF Express etc. From Bishnupur Railway Station you can hire a local cab to reach Joypur Forest or ask your resort to send a vehicle to the station to pick you up.
By Bus : From Kolkata (Dharmatala bus stand), bus services are available upto Bishnupur. From Bishnupur bus stand you can reach your resort in Joypur forest as mentioned above in detail.
By Car : If you are coming from Kolkata, you have to reach Joypur forest via Dankuni, Srirampur, Arambag, Kotulpur and Mirzapur.
Banphool Tree House, Moulisha Resort etc
Bishnupur, Gokulchand Temple, Padampur, Gangani, Kamarpukur, Jayrambati etc.
Joypur forest is a small forest located nearer to Bishnupur, the temple town, in Bankura district in Indian state West Bengal.
We have curated home stays accross North Bengal & Sikkim and you can book home stays directly with the owner without paying any commission.
© Copyright protected by FusionStays.