Showing 1 to 1 out of total 1 properties in Chalamthang
Experience Authentic Sikkimese Culture at Chalamthang
Find the list of the best Homestays in Chalamthang in Sikkim. You can find the property owner’s name & contact number here. One can book the homestay directly as per their choice and budget. Connect with the owner without any agent/agency hassle.
Chalamthang is a small village in the South district of Sikkim state. The place is only 42 kilometres from Gangtok, the state capital of Sikkim. Chalamthang offers a peaceful retreat for those seeking a break from the hustle and bustle of city life. If you are a nature lover and bird watcher, Chalamthang is a perfect destination for you. To get the real taste of rural Sikkim with organic farming, Chalamtang is ideal for your next holiday.
How to reach Chalamthang
Nearest Airport: Bagdogra Airport is the nearest airport to Chalamthang. The distance from Bagdogra to Chalamthang is about 107 kilometres by road and takes more or less 4 hours to reach.
Pakyong Airport is the nearest to Chalamthang, but it is not accessible from all the cities.
Nearest Bus Stand: Tenzing Norgey Bus stand is the nearest bus stand. It connects with all neighbouring cities and states. The total distance from Tenzing Norgay Bus Stand to Chalamthang is 95.3 km.
Nearest Railway Station: NJP or New Jalpaiguri Railway Station is the nearest railway station to Chalamthang. From NJP to Chalamthang, is about 103 kilometres by driving and takes more or less 4 and half hours to reach.
What to see in Chalamthang / Places to visit near Chalamthang
1) Village Tour: This is an interesting tour if you like to explore the local area as well as the local culture of their visiting places. It will take 2-4 hours to tour Chalamthang village on walking. There is a lovers Point, which can be reached by hiking a bit uphill. From this point, a stunning view of Teesta valley can be seen in a great Himalayan background. Deorali Dara is also a viewpoint in Chalamthang village popularly known as Lovers Point. Deorali Dara is also known as the wish-fulfilling point among local people. There is an ancient tree, which is believed to be almost 200 years old, the base of which is also the source of the entire village. Limboo Traditional House is another interesting thing as no nails had used to build up it. Bird lovers can watch various birds in the early morning.
2) Namchi: Namchi is a small town and administrative headquarter of Namchi district in South Sikkim and is almost 42 kilometres by road from Chalamthang. Chardham is a very much admired sightseeing point in Namchi.
3) Tarey Bir: Tarey Bhir in Sadam near Namchi is one of the most charming viewpoints from where anyone can embrace the stunning beauty with the view of the confluence of river Teesta and river Rangeet in the background of Himalayan mountains. This is the must-visit place in South Sikkim.
4) Ravangla: Ravangla is another in-demand tourist place in South Sikkim near Chalamthang. Ralong Monastery is a nearby tourist place to visit. It is one of the most visited points in South Sikkim. Chalamthang is about 37 kilometres from Ravangla by road.
5) Temi Tea Garden: Temi Tea Garden, located in South Sikkim, is a tea garden in the entire Sikkim and is considered one of the best in India as well as the World as per quality and taste. Temi Tea Garden is only 19 kilometres from Chalamthang.
Where to stay in Chalamthang / Accommodation in Chalamthang
Being situated in a remote village in South Sikkim, a few good homestays are available in Chalamthang for accommodation. No star-category hotels or resorts are available there in Chalamthang.
We have curated home stays accross North Bengal & Sikkim and you can book home stays directly with the owner without paying any commission.
© Copyright protected by FusionStays.