Showing 1 to 1 out of total 1 properties in Chalamthang
We have enlisted some Homestays in Chalamthang in Sikkim. You can find actual owner’s name & contact number here. So, you can book the home stay as per your choice and budget directly with contacting the host & without any middle man.
Chalamthang is a small village in the South district of Sikkim state. This place is only 42 kilometers from Gangtok, the state capital of Sikkim. If you are a true nature lover and bird watcher, Chalamthang is the perfect destination for you. To get the real taste of rural Sikkim with organic farming, Chalamtang must be ideal for your next holidaying.
Nearest Airport : Bagdogra Airport is the nearest airport to Chalamthang. The distance from Bagdogra to Chalamthang is about 107 kilometres by road and takes more or less 4 hours to reach.
Actually Pakyong Airport is the nearest to Chalamthang, but it is not accessible from all the cities.
Nearest Railway Station : NJP or New Jalpaiguri Railway Station is the nearest railway station to Chalamthang. From NJP to Chalamthang, it is about 103 kilometres by driving and takes more or less 4 and half hours to reach.
1) Village Tour : This is an interesting tour who like to explore local area as well as local culture of their visiting places. It will take 2-4 hours to visit the Chalamthang village by walking. There is a lovers Point, can be reached by hiking a bit uphill. From this point a stunning view of Teesta valley can be seen in a great Himalayan background. Deorali Dara is also a view point in Chalamthang village like Lovers point. Deorali Dara is also known as the wish fulfilling point among local people. There is an ancient tree, which is believed to be almost 200 years old, the base of which is also the source of for the entire village. Limboo Traditional House is another interesting thing as no nails has been used to build up it. Bird watching in early morning is also a worthy idea for bird lovers.
2) Namchi : Namchi is a small town and administrative head quarter of Namchi district in South Sikkim and is almost 42 kilometers by road to reach from Chalamthang. Chardham is a very much admired sightseeing point in Namchi.
3) Tarey Bir : Tarey Bhir in Sadam near Namchi is one of the most charming view point from where anyone can embrace the stunning beauty with the view of the confluence of River Teesta an d River Rangeet in the background of Himalayan mountain. This is the must visit place in South Sikkim.
4) Ravangla : Ravangla is an another in demand tourist place in South Sikkim near Chalamthang. Ralong monastery, located very near to Ravangla, is one of the most visited points in South Sikkim. Chalamthang is about 37 kilometers from Ravangla by road.
5) Temi Tea Garden : Temi Tea Garden, located in South Sikkim, is only one tea garden in entire Sikkim state and is considered as one of the best in India as well as World as per quality and taste. Temi Tea Garden is only 19 kilometers from Chalamthang.
Being situated in a remote village in South Sikkim, a few good homestays are available in Chalamthang for accommodation. No star category hotels or resorts are available there in Chalamthang.
We have curated home stays accross North Bengal & Sikkim and you can book home stays directly with the owner without paying any commission.
© Copyright protected by FusionStays.