We have enlisted some Homestays in Bara Mangwa in West Bengal. You can find actual owner’s name & contact number here. So, you can book the home stay as per your choice and budget directly with contacting the host & without any middle man. View Homestays in Bara Mangwa Bara Mangwa is a pristine hamlet in Darjeeling district, West Bengal. For its extraordinary location, Baramangwa has been one of the most popular destinations for nature lover tourists and travelers. The small eco-friendly village is home of Orange garden and other organic vegetables, so most of the home stays in Bara Mangwa provide organic food to their guest. November to January is the harvesting time of oranges, so this is the good time to visit Bara Mangwa for orange lovers, as well as it is the paradise for Bird watchers also as different types of birds come here together for orange to collect it as food. The breath taking view of the confluence of the river Teesta and Rangit has been added another feather on the crown of this self dependent, simple and lovely village. So, Bara Mangwa must be your next leisure destination with your family and friends.
How to reach Bara Mangwa
Nearest Airport – Bagdogra Airport (IXB). It is about 65 kilometers from Baramangwa by road. Nearest Railway Station – New Jalpaiguri Railway Station (NJP). This railway Station is about 62 kilometers by road. Beside these, you can reach there from Darjeeling town. Darjeeling is about 36 kilometers from Bara Mangwa by road
What to see in Bara Mangwa
- Orange Garden - Bara Mangwa is famous for its natural scenic beauty and Orange Garden. If you make a plan Baramangwa at the time of riping time (November to January), you will be charmed to get oranges from tree directly.
- Confluence of Teesta and Rangit river - This is the place of heavenly feeling of nature. The confluence of Teesta and Rangit river is really a stunning beauty, seen from Bara Mangwa.
- Tinchuley - Tinchuley is a tiny hamlet at the foothill of Eastern Himalaya. The beautiful Peshak Tea Garden has been enhanced the beauty of this village. Near this Garden there is a view point from where Mt Khanchendzonga is inviting you to meet with the beauty and kindness of him. Tinchuley is about 13 kilometers from Rangaroon by road.
- Takdah - Takdah is an another small village near Tinchuley. This place is also with beauty of Tea Gardens. The main attraction of Takdah is the British Bunglows. Earlier it was a Military cantonment at the age of British Colonial age. At that time some beautiful bunlows were built by them. Now a days, these bunglows has been handed over to local people. So you can stay in British Bunglows in Takdah if you wish. Besides this historical ambiance, you can experience coniferous forests, blooming orchids and forest walking trails along with mesmerizing tea gardens. Takdah is about 15 kilometers from Rangaroon by road.
- Peshok Tea Estate - Peshok Tea Estate or Peshok Tea Garden is situated in Tinchuley area and has been popular for its unique elegance.
- Chhota Mangwa - Chota Mangwa is now a popular off beat tourist destinations in Eastern India. This small hamlet is abot 27 kilometers from Rangaroon by road. The lush valley of tea garden, pine forest, graceful Teesta and and of course mighty Khanchendzinga has been made this hamlet one of the most promising destinations in Eastern Himalaya region. Chota Mangwa is very near to Bara Mangwa, just 4 kilometers by road. So you can easily visit place from Bara Mangwa if you stay there. A few accommodations in Chota Mangwa also available to stay.
Where to stay in Bara Mangwa
You will not find any hotels in Bara Mangwa to stay . Only few homestays in Bara Mangwa are available to be accommodated.