Showing 1 to 6 out of total 6 properties in Ajodhya Hills
We have enlisted some Homestays and Resorts in Ajodhya Hills of Purulia district in West Bengal. You can find actual owner’s name & contact number here. So, you can book the home stay or resort as per your choice and budget directly with contacting the host & without any middle man.
Ajodhya Hill is a small plateau surrounded by the hilly area of the western side of West Bengal and located in Purulia district. This hill range is on the eastern fringes of the Chhotanagpur plateau and is the extended part of the Eastern Ghat. The Ajodhya Hills is a part of Dalma mountain range. A mixed culture among people along with the natural combination of Hills, forest, lakes, falls can be found here since this hill range is situated at the border of West Bengal and Jharkhand. This especial combination of location and culture is the USP of Ajodhya Hills as well as entire Purulia district.
By Air : Ranchi airport, also known as Birsa Munda airport is the nearest airport to Ajodhya Hills. The distance between Ranchi airport to Ajodhya Hills is about 138 kilometers by road and takes around 3-4 hours to reach by road.
Kolkata Airport (CCU) – Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose International airport (NSCBIA) is about 334 kilometers and take more or less 7-8 hours to reach by cab.
By Rail or Train : Barabhum Station or Purulia Station is the nearest railway station to Ajodhya Hills. Baghmundi, one of the significant towns of Purulia near Ajodhya hills, is only 2 kilometers from Barabhum Station
There are some express trains from Howrah Junction (in Kolkata ) to connect Barabhum or Purulia Station. Example – The Lalmati Express, Howrah Chakradharpur Express, Howrah Ranchi Intercity Express etc.
By Road : Ajodhya Hills is about 325 kilometers by road from Kolkata and take takes 7-8 hours to reach by private cab. One of the most used roads is via Singur, Shaktigarh, Burdwan Panagarh, Durgapur, Raghunathpur / Adra and then Purulia to Ajodhya.
1) Upper Dam and Lower Dam : Upper Dam and Lower Dam are the 2 significant projects of Pumped Storage Hydel Power Project. The main objective to build up these dams was the power supply. The beauty of this place you can observe at the time of Winter and Rainy season. Different types of migratory birds can be found here at winter time.
2) Mayur Pahar : Mayur Pahar or Peacock Hills is one of the most well known tourist destination in Purulia district now a days. It is the extended part of the great Ajodhya Hills. Eye soothing greenery and serenity are the main reasons to attract tourists in this place. Mayur Pahar is an ideal place for the nature lovers since they can enjoy the fullest at the lap of nature with an adventurous ambience here. This place is also the paradise for trekkers since it offers enough adrenaline rush to them. So Mayur pahar is a must visit place while holidaying in Purulia.
3) Bamni Falls : Bamni Falls is a mesmerizing place in one part of Dalma hills, Purulia. Amidst dense forest, this falls is the perfect spot to get the fragrance of unblended natural beauty. You need to go down about 700 stairs to reach the lower part of Bamni Falls. The road is bit slippery but romantic, perfect for them who are physically fit and love primitive wildness of nature.
4) Marble Lake : Marble Lake, also known as Tarpania lake, is a lesser known tourist destination near Ajodhya Pahar in Purulia. This true offbeat destination near Ajodhya pahar would surprise you with its serene ambience along with crystal clear water of the lake, a fragment of Kangsabati river locked between the marble horns.
5) Turga Falls : Turga Falls is one of the most beautiful cascading waterfalls in Purulia district near Ajodhya Hills. The most interesting thing of this falls is the crystal clear water. Neither human interference nor any food stall over there has made the place peaceful to get the fragrance of natural beauty.
6) Khairabera dam : Khairabera dam, situated on the slopes of Ajodhya hills of Baghmundi forest range, is gaining popularity day to day on account of its beautiful scenic beauty. The surrounding mountains give an elegant look to it like a valley. One more interesting part of this dam is that Kayaking is offered by the nearby Eco Adventure Resort. So, this dam is perfect destination for adventure lovers.
7) Sitakund : Sitakund is less crowded and charming place at Bagandi village of Baghmundi block. According to Hindu mythology, this eye soothing place is a holy place since it is connected to the Ramayana, an Hindu epic.
8) Murguma : Murguma dam has been constructed on Saharajhore river, one of the tributaries of Kangsabati river and is located at the northern side of Begunkodar of Jhalda block about 55 kms from Purulia town.
9) Begunkodar : Begunkodar has been popular among tourists for the myth that it is one of the 10 haunted railway stations of India. So it created curiosity about this place among travellers and is becoming more famous.
10) Mathaburu : Matha is a small village at the foot of famous Ajodhya hills of Purulia district. Mathaburu is one of the famous peaks of Ajodhya Hill range. This place is more favoured among trekkers and adventure lovers since many nature camp and rock climbing courses are conducted here by different organizations in winter season.
11) Pakhi Pahar : Pakhi Pahar is a man made tourist destination located in Ajodhya Hills range of Purulia district. Chitta De, a renowned artist from Kolkata, has created sculpture of birds on the rocks with his team. That is why this place is known as Pakhi Pahar. It is worth visiting this place.
12) Chorida Village : Chorida village or Charida village is situated in the Baghmundi Block of Purulia district. This village is well known for the famous mask of Chhow dance, a unique culture of Purulia district. Chhow masks are currently listed in UNESCO WORLD HERITAGE SITE.
A large number of hotels and resorts are available in Ajodhya Hills area and nearby places to accommodate guests. Very few numbers of home stays are also there in Ajodhya hills and nearby places.
We have curated home stays accross North Bengal & Sikkim and you can book home stays directly with the owner without paying any commission.
© Copyright protected by FusionStays.